Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How I Get The Perfect Pink Pout

Left to Right: Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment, Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, Guerlain Kiss Kiss Laque #721 Purple Star
I am always searching for the lip product that will give me the perfect color. I wish I could do red, but with my Asian tones, it just doesn't look right. I want something that will give a pop of color but won't be too dramatic. Just in a "I just had a popsicle" kind of way.

So here are my go-to products:
From the left to the right, I've lined them up by degree of intensity.

1. Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15 $22.50
This is the lightest of the 3. Don't be turned off by it's shocking pink color. It's more of a lip balm with a tinge of color. The color is light, sheer but definitely substantial. I can wear this all day everyday. It's super moisturizing and won't dry out your lips like most lip color. The packing is cool, but I wish they would put the product in simpler packaging and charge half the price for it instead.

2. Clinique - Almost Lipstick in Black Honey $14
This one is an oldie but goodie. I seriously have been using this since the 7th grade. It's perfect for day when you want to look a little more polished. Don't be fooled by it's appearance. It looks dark, but again it's totally sheer. You can get a richer color by layering it on. This product has good lasting power. Again, it won't dry your lips out.

3. Guerlain - Kiss Kiss Laque in #721 Purple Star $28
This is my go-to when I want a little more va va voom. It's definitely more of a night time color. It has just the right amount of drama. It's a gloss, but it's very pigmented like a lipstick. My lips dry very easily with most glosses, but not this one. I like this shade, because it's not bright red, but rather a deep plumy red.

All of these are available at Sephora. Let me know if you have go-to products for that perfect lollipop pout!

No comments:

Post a Comment